Goal #3: Western will foster a caring and supportive environment where all members are respected and treated fairly.
Western’s greatest strength is the outstanding students, faculty, staff, and alumni/ae who make up its community. Western supports an inclusive governance structure for all and provides a learning and working environment in which everyone can thrive.
- Strengthen shared governance to ensure that students, staff, and faculty are meaningfully empowered in the university’s policies, decisions, and direction.
- Support student, staff, and faculty wellbeing, including physical health and wellness, mental health, and disability resources based on universal design.
- Enhance student services and co-curricular opportunities to foster students’ intellectual, personal, and professional development and success.
- Improve climate and working conditions for student employees, staff, and faculty at all locations.
- Provide competitive compensation and professional development for student employees, staff, and faculty.
- Expand networks between students, staff, faculty, and alumni/ae.