Remote Modality Requests for Spring & Summer 2022
Updated February 1, 2022
Per the Memorandum of Understanding between WWU and UFWW for the Spring and Summer 2022, all faculty members can choose instructional modality, whether in-person, hybrid, or remote. Faculty who choose in-person or hybrid modalities do not need to seek approval. Faculty who wish to teach remotely can make requests based on the criteria below.
If a faculty member chooses remote instruction for one of the following reasons, they need to submit a request form to Human Resources:
- Faculty who have approved medical or religious exemptions from COVID-19 vaccination requirements;
- Faculty who are immunocompromised or otherwise at high risk as determined by their health care provider, whether or not they are vaccinated;
- Faculty who anticipate having unvaccinated, immunocompromised, or otherwise high-risk individuals in their household;
If a faculty member chooses remote instruction for one of the following reasons, they need to submit a request form to the Provost’s Office:
- Faculty whose travel circumstances preclude in-person teaching (e.g., residence out of state);
- Faculty whose personal health situation or health situation of their household makes them uncomfortable with in-person instruction;
- Other personal or professional reasons to prefer remote instruction.
Faculty will make initial requests for modality changes for Spring by 4 February 2022. Those for Summer should be made by 18 April 2022. Emergent requests after these dates will be evaluated using the same process.